The Wizards and Capitals have both made the NBA and NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs. That’s a good thing. They have also won six consecutive combined games after falling to 2-0 against their first round playoff opponents. That’s even better.
You can watch the video above from NBC Sports Washington:
Here’s what went down in the last week:
- April 17: The Capitals beat the Columbus Blue Jackets, 3-2 in Game 3 of their series on the road thanks to Lars Eller’s goal in the second overtime period.
- April 19: Capitals win 4-1 in Game 4 on the road in Columbus. The series is now tied, two games a piece.
- April 20: Wizards beat the Raptors 122-103 at home. John Wall and Bradley Beal scored 56 combined points. The Wizards started the series down 2-0 and get a much needed win.
- April 21: Capitals win 4-3 over the Blue Jackets thanks to Niklas Backstrom’s overtime goal in Game 5
- April 22: Wizards win 106-98 in Game 4 of their series at home. Series is now tied two-all.
- April 23: Capitals win 6-3 in Game 6 on the road against Columbus. They win their first round series.
The Capitals now face their rivals, the Pittsburgh Penguins in the second round for the third year in a row. I hope they can get it together this time.
And the Wizards? We have a chance to see them get their third win tonight at 7 p.m. in Toronto!