Washington Mystics center Tina Charles and guard Ariel Atkins for the United States, guard Leilani Mitchell for Australia and forward Emma Meesseman for Belgium have all seen their national teams make the quarterfinals of the 2020 Olympics.
The USA will get an earlier-than-expected chance to face Australia in the quarterfinals. They were upset by the Opals in a friendly in July so the Americans should not let their guard down.
For Belgium, they will only face the USA if they advance to the Gold Medal Game. They face Japan, the hosts, who are one of FIBA Asia’s best teams after Australia. The Cats have had trouble with Japan, losing to them in the 2018 FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup in group play, and again in a friendly before the Olympics.
Here are the times of the games, all in Eastern Time.
- China vs. Serbia, Tuesday, Aug. 3 at 9 p.m. ET.
- Australia vs. United States, Wednesday, Aug. 4 at 12:40 a.m. ET
- Japan vs. Belgium, Wednesday, Aug. 4 at 4:20 a.m. ET
- Spain vs. France, Wednesday, Aug. 4 at 8 a.m. ET
- Australia/USA winner vs. China/Serbia winner, Friday, Aug. 6 (TBD)
- Japan/Belgium winner vs. Spain/France winner, Friday, Aug. 6 (TBD)
- Bronze Medal game on Saturday, Aug. 7 at 3 a.m. ET
- Gold Medal game on Saturday, Aug. 7 at 10:30 p.m. ET
All games can be streamed on Peacock.