Free Agent Signings from Saturday
The Wizards added some players, including:
- Point guard Raul Neto, who played for the Philadelphia 76ers last season. He is likely on a veteran’s minimum contract.
- Rookie guard Caleb Homesley, the 2019-20 Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Year. He played for the Liberty Flames. He’s on an Exhibit 10 contract.
- Rookie post Yoeli Childs. He played college basketball at Brigham Young. We’ll have a more detailed post on him later this morning.
Kevin Broom has more detailed analysis on Neto and Homesley here.
The Wizards’ fallout with John Wall
Wall isn’t a free agent, but it’s safe to say that he’s officially on the trade block since last Friday. Here are our posts on that topic:
- Yanir Rubinstein wrote that it’s time for General Manager Tommy Sheppard to trade him. Starting training camp with a disgruntled player just doesn’t work out well for anyone.
- Diamond Holton also wrote what many Wizards fans were saying on Twitter yesterday: How much of this situation falls on Sheppard’s shoulders? Is he to blame? Diamond laid out the “three strikes” that could have compelled Wall to demand a trade.
- We had the first part of a roundtable on the whole situation yesterday evening. I’ll get the second part out on Monday.
- I had a Q&A with Ryan O’Bleness of The Only Colors on what Cassius Winston can provide the Wizards after an excellent four-year stay at Michigan State.
- My thoughts on NBA Free Agency so far haven’t changed much even with the signings from yesterday.
Hope you enjoy a safe and happy Sunday everyone.