The Washington Wizards are a little over halfway through the 2019-20 season. Though they are not projected to make a playoff berth, they will have giveaways for 13 of their 21 remaining home games.
Here’s a look at their promotional schedule as well as a quick take I have on it.
- Feb. 1 vs. Nets — Wizards hat — The promotions kick off with a hat
- Feb. 3 vs. Warriors— Rui Hachimura T-shirt for Japanese Heritage Night — I was kind of hoping this would be the bobblehead night, but I’ll take anything with Hachimura’s name on it!
- Feb. 7 vs. Mavericks — City Edition serigraph print and Isaiah Thomas bobblehead — For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term, serigraphs are the screens. These will say “The District” on them. The IT bobblehead is another plus!
- Feb. 9 vs. Grizzlies — Ish Smith pop socket — Smith has been a pleasant surprise for Washington this season and I’m happy to see that there’s a promotional item just for him.
- Feb. 21 vs. Cavaliers — Bradley Beal slap bracelet — Slap bracelets weren’t a things since the 1990s ... until now!
- Mar. 6 vs. Hawks — Fanny pack — Here’s another 1990s throwback giveaway!
- Mar. 8 vs. Heat— Rubik’s Cube — I love thought exercises and love solving Rubiks cubes. They’re my kinda thing.
- Mar. 15 vs. Thunder — Beer Stein for German Heritage Night — The Germans are well-known for their beer and Oktoberfest in Munich. Sorry in advance to Belgian players Emma Meesseman and Kim Mestdagh since their country is also well-known for beer. But these mugs are Moritz Wagner and Issac Bonga approved! I’m still waiting for a Mystics chalice glass for a much-anticipated Belgian Heritage Night though!
- Mar. 21 vs. Bucks— Davis Bertans glow-in-the-dark socks — These are Latvian Laser proof!
- Mar. 25 vs. Suns— Rui Hachimura Bobblehead — This is the Wizards’ National Cherry Blossom Festival Night. A must grab!
- Mar. 28 vs. Lakers — John Wall Phone Wallet — My guess is that the phone wallet is agnostic, meaning that it can sort of fit a wide variety of iPhone and Android devices.
- Apr. 3 vs. 76ers — Bradley Beal Black Panther bobblehead — It’s one thing to get a Beal bobblehead. But this time, he’s in a superhero uniform!
- Apr. 15 vs. Pacers— Thomas Bryant bobblehead — The rising center has a doll in his honor.
Promotional giveaways aren’t the only reason why a Wizards or even a casual NBA fan should attend a game in person. However, it can seal the deal if you’re on the fence!