On Tuesday evening, Mystics forward Elena Delle Donne and Aces forward A’ja Wilson drafted their teams for the 2019 WNBA All-Star Game. Kristi Toliver was the first player whom Delle Donne drafted among the reserves and the captains made two trades. One involved Team Delle Donne acquiring Liberty center Tina Charles in exchange for Lynx forward Napheesa Collier.
The other trade involved their head coaches.
Originally, Mike Thibault and the Mystics’ coaching staff would be on Team Wilson while Bill Laimbeer and the Aces’ staff would be on Team Delle Donne. However, after this swap, the All of the Mystics’ representatives are on the same squad: Team EDD!
The 2019 WNBA All-Star Game will be held this Saturday, July 26 in Las Vegas. The game will start at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Here are the rosters below.
Team Delle Donne
- Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics)
- Brittney Griner (Phoenix Mercury)
- Jonquel Jones (Connecticut Sun)
- Jewell Loyd (Seattle Storm)
- Kia Nurse (New York Liberty)
- DeWanna Bonner (Phoenix Mercury)
- Tina Charles (New York Liberty)
- Nneka Ogwumike (Los Angeles Sparks)
- Alyssa Thomas (Connecticut Sun)
- Kristi Toliver (Washington Mystics)
- Courtney Vandersloot (Chicago Sky)
Head Coach — Mike Thibault (Washington Mystics)
- Liz Cambage (Las Vegas Aces)
- Chelsea Gray (Los Angeles Sparks)
- Natasha Howard (Seattle Storm)
- Kayla McBride (Las Vegas Aces)
- A’ja Wilson (Las Vegas Aces)
- Napheesa Collier (Minnesota Lynx)
- Diamond DeShields (Chicago Sky)
- Candice Dupree (Indiana Fever)
- Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota Lynx)
- Allie Quigley (Chicago Sky)
- Odyssey Sims (Minnesota Lynx)
- Erica Wheeler (Indiana Fever)
Head Coach — Bill Laimbeer (Las Vegas Aces)