As you may have heard, Jake is moving on from his role managing Bullets Forever. These are big shoes to fill, and we wish Jake all the best moving forward. Now we’re looking for the next manager of Bullets Forever.
If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Wizards and our community here at Bullets Forever. Keep reading to find out if the manager role might be a perfect fit for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Wizards storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Wizards and news and is already familiar with Bullets Forever.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, and a basketball-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role or the application process, please reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bullets Forever and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Wizards from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and qualifications do not precisely align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.