Daily Digits is a new daily feature we’re doing at Bullets Forever this year where we look at stats about the Wizards. We’ll dive into the numbers, add context, and discuss how they affect the product on the court.
Today’s stat is the number of reasons I came up with for why Kevin Durant should join the Wizards this summer, which is...
- The Durant Center sounds amazing, but it also sounds like it will need a lot of oversight in the early going to make sure it gets off on the right foot. It only makes sense to stick around the D.C. area so you can keep tabs on things.
- Alex Ovechkin is reaching the twilight of his career and Bryce Harper could be on the move elsewhere. Washington needs an MVP-level talent to fill the void in the nation’s capital.
- Why spend the rest of your career with Draymond Green (who is shooting 25 percent from deep this season) when you could spend it with fellow SuperSonic Jeff Green (who is shooting 35.4 percent this season)?
- Speaking of ties to the team drafted you, did I mention the Wizards just signed Gary Payton II? Oh, and Amazon is headed this way too. Washington is basically Seattle now.
- Scott Brooks knows how to keep egos in check. Steve Kerr has never had to coach three future MVPs at the same time. Brooks did. You can do it again here when you team up with Bradley Beal and Thomas Bryant.
- Seriously Kevin, have you seen what’s happened in Washington D.C. since you walked away in the summer of 2016? This city needs you. Desperately.
- Free fashion advice from Ian Mahinmi.
- Washington has shown they’ll do anything to win. They’re paying $129 million for a team that’s six games under .500 right now. Just think what they’d do if the best player from the DMV returned home.
- Last year, you called John Wall “one of the best point guards in the league.” Surely, you can’t sit idly by knowing you can show the rest of the league how good Wall is. It’s the honorable thing to do.
- This is the city that let the Capitals do a month-long bar crawl after they won the Stanley Cup. Just imagine what would happen if the city got the Larry O’Brien trophy.
- What better to way to ensure you don’t have to go against Trevor Ariza in a playoff series than to make sure he’s on your team?
- It sounds like Guy Fieri played a part in why you went to the Bay Area in 2016. If that’s really what you want, we can’t help you. We have Ben’s Chili Bowl though, as you’re well aware.
- Washington is home to the defending Arena Football League champions, the Washington Valor. Catch the fever!
- Seriously, Guy Fieri?
- Don’t forget, there was a time Al Horford — a smart man like yourself — preferred Washington’s talent to Boston’s, and we’ve seen how that decision wound up working for him, still ringless at age 32. Don’t make the same mistake.