The Wizards unveiled their 2018 preseason schedule on Wednesday afternoon, and just like last year, it includes three home games and a game against the Guangzhou Long-Lions of the Chinese Basketball Association.
Here’s the full schedule:
- Monday, October 1 at 7 pm ET - vs. Knicks at Capital One Arena
- Friday, October 5 at 7 pm ET - vs. Heat at Capital One Arena
- Monday, October 8 at 7:30 pm ET - vs. Knicks at Madison Square Garden
- Wednesday, October 10 at 7 pm ET - vs. Pistons at Little Caesar’s Arena
- Friday, October 12 at 7 pm ET - vs. Guangzhou Long-Lions at Capital One Arena
What’s interesting about this schedule is the three teams they face all have imposing big men they can throw at the Wizards’ revamped frontcourt. It won’t take long to see how Dwight Howard makes a difference this season, based on how he does guarding the likes of Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, and Enes Kanter, who have all given Washington fits in recent years. Heck, even the Long-Lions have Marreese Speights, who will challenge the Wizards as a stretch-five.
The Wizards will kick off their regular season slate on Thursday, October 18 at 8 pm ET when they host the Miami Heat at Capital One Arena.