Merry Christmas everyone! We hope you are enjoying your holiday gifts, quality time with the family, and hopefully a great meal later tonight.
Today is also the marquee day of the NBA regular season since multiple teams will play on national television. The Wizards unfortunately will not play today. But they will tomorrow against the Pistons.
In the meantime, here are the games you can watch from noon until late at night.
- New York Knicks (9-25) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (22-10), 12 p.m. EST on ESPN - This game was clearly billed as a Kristaps Porzingis vs. Giannis Antetokounmpo affair for fans in Europe. In Riga, Latvia and Athens, Greece, fans will be able to watch this game at 7 p.m. Eastern European Time. But Porzingis is out of the season due to a torn ACL. So this is more of a sleeper...
- Houston Rockets (17-15) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (21-11), 3 p.m. EST on ABC - James Harden hosts his former teammate Russell Westbrook in a game that will feature two franchise point guards who will rack up the points, assists and rebounds. In fact, Westbrook is averaging a triple double for the third consecutive season!
- Boston Celtics (19-13) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (22-12), 5:30 p.m. EST on ABC - This could be a future Eastern Conference Finals matchup as Joel Embiid has really come into his own this season for Philly while Kyrie Irving has been Boston’s steady force. That’s hard for me to say as a Wizards fan but I digress...
- Golden State Warriors (23-11) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (19-14), 8 p.m. EST on ABC or ESPN - Normally, this game would be a rematch of the last year’s NBA Finals since the Warriors won the NBA title. But the Cavaliers are not here. Bottom line, it’s not an accident that the Warriors will host whatever team LeBron James is on for Christmas Day.
- Utah Jazz (16-18) vs. Portland Trail Blazers (19-14), 10:30 p.m. EST on ESPN - The final match of the day features Portland’s backcourt of Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum facing off against Utah’s of Donovan Mitchell and Ricky Rubio.
Anyway, hope you all enjoy your Tuesdays!