If you have been to a Wizards preseason game or a Capitals regular season game in the last few weeks, Capital One Arena just finished a major renovation where the seats were replaced and new concessions stands were in the crowds.
Scott Allen of The Washington Post wrote about some of the new stands that fans inside Capital One Arena can see. Here are just some of the highlights:
- Fuku, an Asian fried chicken concept. It originated in New York City by Section 117.
- Lucky Buns will be at Section 120. It should be better than the other burger options they had previously.
- “A Pour Your Own Beer” station by section 117 - Yes. You really can pour it!
- More pay kiosks throughout the arena which shorten lines.
- The PwC Club now has three rows of seating instead of two.
- Wizards courtside ticket holders have the brand new MGM National Harbor VIP lounge to attend now. This is the space where the Wizards’ old practice court was.
Sports venues are generally expensive places to eat and drink. Though there were no prices listed in Allen’s article, apparently the new concepts have doubled revenue at Capitals games. It will be interesting to see how popular food and drink sales are at Wizards games this season as well.
What are your thoughts about the new food and drink options at Capital One Arena and have you tried any? Let us know in the comments below.