As you may recall, earlier this summer Otto Porter had a meeting with the Kings during free agency. The meeting wound up going nowhere and Porter instead signed an offer sheet with the Nets that the Wizards quickly matched to keep him in Washington.
Well, at least that’s what most people seem to think. Chase Hughes of CSN Mid-Atlantic recently asked Shaq, who is a minority owner with the Kings, what he thought of the Wizards’ offseason and he had this to say:
"They lost an important piece in Otto Porter. He's now playing for my team in Sacramento."
Shaq also spent nearly a week earlier this year trying to convince people he thought the Earth was flat, so perhaps this is just another troll job. But if it isn’t, we wanted to help Shaq out by providing him with some info he may not know about the newest King on the roster:
- Prior to joining the Kings, Porter spent four seasons in Washington.
- Porter started out as a shaky shooter, but gradually developed into a threat from outside.
- At 6’6, Porter has the versatility to guard 1s, 2s, and 3s at the NBA level.
- Otto Porter is 31 years old.
- Otto Porter had a very successful collegiate career at LSU, helping the Tigers make it all the way to the Final Four in 2006.
- Porter actually joined the Kings last season. He started 21 games for Sacramento and averaged 7.8 points per game season. He is under contract for the 2017-18 season and has a player option for the 2018-19 season. Here’s what he looks like in a Kings uniform:
We wish Otto Porter all the best in Sacramento, but we’re excited about locking Garrett Temple to a max deal for at least the next three seasons.