Howdy, folks. Between now and Thursday afternoon’s trade deadline, we’ll keep an open thread up on the front page for you to discuss what’s going on around the league. When we get near the 1000 comment mark, we’ll shut the thread down and start up a new one to keep the convo going and keep the page from bogging down too much.
In case you’ve been under a rock, here’s a quick recap of what’s happened to date:
- The Kings traded DeMarcus Cousins to the Pelicans. Though the Wizards didn’t get Cousins, there are still ways they could benefit from the fallout, such as exploring trades for Terrence Jones, Darren Collison, or Ben McLemore or trying to sign Langston Galloway or Tyreke Evans if they hit waivers.
- The Wizards explored making a deal for Lou Williams, but the Lakers wound up trading him to the Rockets.
- Washington has reportedly expressed interest in P.J. Tucker, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Shabazz Muhammad.
- The Clippers tried to make a very silly offer for Otto Porter.
- Still no scuttlebutt on Will Barton, who would be a really nice option if Denver is looking to move him.