When: Wednesday, December 12 at 7 p.m.
Where: Capital One Arena in Washington D.C.
TV: NBC Sports Washington
Win probability: Washington has a 62 percent chance of winning according to Kevin Broom’s win predictor and a 77 percent chance of winning, according to FiveThirtyEight.
Wizards: John Wall (Probable, Knee), Sheldon Mac (Out, Achilles)
All signs point to @JohnWall returning for the Wizards Wednesday in D.C. versus the Grizzlies, per source.— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) December 12, 2017
Grizzlies: Mike Conley (Out, Achilles), Wayne Selden (Out, Quadricep), Brandan Wright (Out, Groin)
What to Watch for
IT’S A TRAP
Oh boy. This has all the makings of a game where Washington could have some problems. Let’s review:
- John Wall is set to return tonight. That’s great, but odds are he’ll be a little rusty after two weeks off, and his teammates will need a little time to readjust his tempo.
- Washington is finally back home after spending the last week and a half on the road, including a tough loss in Brooklyn on Tuesday night.
- Memphis is really struggling right now. They’ve lost four straight and gone 1-13 since he got injured on November 13.
- Clearly, Memphis is bad, but they’re going to be motivated to redeem themselves in this game. On Monday night, they lost by 25 at home to the Heat.
- Let’s face it: We’ve seen Washington play down to their opposition several times already this season.
Washington can probably get by with a C effort in this game and pull out a win, but it would be nice if they could avoid the stress and drama.
A random moment in Wizards - Grizzlies history: The time John Wall dunked on Marc Gasol
Remember when John Wall used to catch lobs as often as he threw them? Fun times.