The USA Basketball women’s national team beat Spain, 103-63 yesterday afternoon. The men followed with a 113-69 win over Venezuela. Both teams are 2-0 in Group play and write their own destinies when it comes to whether they’ll advance to the elimination tournament.
Both teams won’t be on today but there are still plenty of games on. All games can be streamed on NBCOlympics.com or you can watch it on the NBC Basketball channel if you don’t see it listed here.
Men’s Basketball Group B
- Spain vs. Brazil, 1:15 p.m. ET - Spain lost a close 72-70 game to Croatia over the weekend. Brazil got close to beating Lithuania on Sunday. I hope we see another exciting game today. Watch this on NBC SportsNet. Telemundo will also have this game in Spanish.
- Lithuania vs. Nigeria, 6 p.m. ET - The Lithuanians had a scare, but I don’t expect that to happen this time.
- Argentina vs. Croatia, 9:30 p.m. ET - This will be another strong game with two world powers. Is it wrong to say that I want Jordan Brand to be Team USA’s apparel provider?
Women’s Basketball Group A
- Australia vs. France, 11:15 a.m. ET - This will be a very competitive match between two teams who could face the USA in the Gold Medal game.
- Brazil vs. Belarus, 2:30 p.m. ET - The home team hopes to get its first win after going 0-2. so far. Belarus is also looking for its first win too.
- Turkey vs. Japan, 4:45 p.m. ET - Turkey has had a rough 0-2 start after playing the top two teams in the group: France and Australia so far. As for Japan, they’ve actually hit it off with two big wins and looks to keep it going today.