If you’ve spent any time on the internet over the past few years, you’ve probably seen those games where you have to build a five-man roster for a team where you get $15 dollars to spend and each player is assigned a specific value.
We thought it would be fun to our own version of the game using players who have played in Washington since 2000. First, let’s set some ground rules.
- Player must have played at least one game with the Washington Wizards since January 1, 2000.
- Players should be evaluated only based on how they performed in Washington. If you pick Michael Jordan, you don’t get to claim Bulls-era Jordan.
- You can’t duplicate players, even if they played two separate stints with the team, like Shaun Livingston.
- $10 - Gilbert Arenas, John Wall, Mike James
- $2 - Caron Butler, Larry Hughes, Antawn Jamison, Michael Jordan, Nene, Jordan Crawford
- $1 - Everyone else
In other words, you can get one $10 player, one $2 player, and then your pick of everyone else over the past 16 years to fill out the roster. Have fun!