After a couple months, Scott Brooks has finalized the Wizards’ assistant coaching staff. According to J. Michael of CSN Mid-Atlantic, they are:
- Anthony Brown, former Brooklyn Nets interim head coach in 2015-16 (more here). Brown will be the lead assistant coach this season
- Sidney Lowe, former Minnesota Timberwolves assistant (more here)
- Chad Iske, former Kings associate head coach (more here)
- Maz Trakh, former Detroit Pistons assistant coach
- Mike Terpstra, former Oklahoma City Thunder assistant coach
- David Adkins, who is a holdover from Randy Wittman’s regime
Of the assistants, Trakh and Terpstra both worked from Brooks during his time in Oklahoma City.
Adkins will remain in his position as a player development coach. According to Michael, he was someone that the Wizards intended on keeping. Since Brown and Iske are also known for being strong player development coaches, you can bet this will be a major focus for the team this season.
The remaining assistants from last year’s coaching staff were fired with Wittman.
With NBA Summer League games less than a month away, it’s a good thing that we now know who will be on the bench with Brooks this fall.