The Basketball Tournament is a yearly summer basketball tournament where players can get together and form teams to compete for a $2 million prize if they win.
TBT has grown by leaps and bounds over the past two years, as more high-profile players have joined the action, including several former NBA players. And although active NBA players usually aren't joining the action on the floor, they're getting involved in other ways.
Here's a look at how some familiar faces are getting involved in this year's tournament.
- Markieff Morris is the GM for FOE. He's recruited his brother Marcus as a coach, Thomas Robinson as a booster, and Tyshawn Taylor to be the team's shooting guard.
- John Wall is a booster for TeamBDB, which features former Grizzly Josh Selby as a player and the team's GM.
- JaVale McGee is on the coaching staff for Team Fancy.
- Juan Dixon is on the coaching staff for Team Maryland.
- Josh Howard is playing on Team Charlotte Elite.
- Trevor Ariza is a booster for LAUNFD.
- Eric Maynor is a booster for Ram Nation, a team of VCU alumni that features Larry Sanders at center.
- Jordan Crawford hasn't joined a team yet, but it looks like he's ready for a chance:
I, for one, desperately hope Crawford winds up getting coached by JaVale McGee on Team Fancy. That would be worth the price of admission by itself.