Hi everyone. We celebrate Festivus every year here at Bullets Forever, because we’ve got a lot of problems with you people, and now, you’re gonna hear about it!
Airing of Grievances
- Don’t let the Wizards recent win streak distract you from the fact that the team should be much farther along than they are right now. Several players on the squad are putting in career years, and it’s still hard to see a scenario where the team wins more than 45-50 games. Things are a lot better now than they were at the start of the month, but that doesn’t mean things are great.
- Marcus Thornton attempts the third-most shots per 100 possessions and has the second-lowest field goal percentage of anyone who has played at least 50 minutes this season. Something about that feels out of whack, but I can’t put my finger on it.
- Look at that terrible photoshop. I bet the loser who made that poses in silly sportsjackets at JC Penney.
Feats of Strength
- John Wall is on pace to join Russell Westbrook as the the only players to average 23 points, 9.5 assists, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals per game in NBA history. That seems pretty good.
- Remember when people said it was a bad idea to max a guy who never had a PER over 15? Bradley Beal’s PER is 20 this season. That seems pretty good.
- The Wizards podcast game has gotten so strong lately. Locked on Wizards, ZardCast, and Pixel & Roll have all brought the heat lately.