|2015-16 NBA Season|
| ||vs.|| |
|January 6, 2016|
|7:00 p.m. ET|
|CSN, WNEW 99.1 FM|
|Projected Starting Lineups|
|Kyrie Irving||PG||John Wall|
|J.R. Smith||SG||Garrett Temple|
|LeBron James||SF||Otto Porter|
|Kevin Love||PF||Jared Dudley|
|Tristan Thompson||C||Marcin Gortat|
|2015-16 Advanced Stats|
|92.9 (28th) ||Pace||97.9 (5th)|
|107.2 (6th) ||ORtg||102.8 (26th)|
|101.0 (3rd) ||DRtg||106.0 (19th)|
|Also see: Fear The Sword | Preview|
Some players may be in action when we need them most. Nene and Gary Neal are gametime decisions tonight, per Randy Wittman. However, Kris Humphries is out.
Per Wittman, Gary Neal (quad) and Nene (calf) gametime decisions tonight vs. Cleveland. Kris Humphries (knee) is out #WizCavs— Washington Wizards (@WashWizards) January 6, 2016
Quick refresher on Community Guidelines
Since it is a rivalry game -- and our "feud" with Fear the Sword is well known around SB Nation NBA sites, it's time for me to sound like Big Brother where I'll give a refresher of our community guidelines. I'm also going to talk about some things I've noticed over the course of the season in general.
1. No links OR suggestions to free live streams. We haven't had those issues here very often, but just a reminder. These are the only streaming services you can use -- which aren't free:
- NBA League Pass (if you don't live in the D.C. or Cleveland areas)
- Verizon FiOS (if you are on a FiOS wi-fi network that has CSN Mid Atlantic, not so sure about Cleveland's area though because I don't live there)
- NBC Sports Live App
2. I've seen a growing number of flagged comments of two users flagging each other during a disagreement. In addition, some folks are apparently carrying over beef from Wizards message boards elsewhere on the net onto this site.
Keep your beef with others on those other forums there, not here. Better yet, don't build grudges with anyone, anywhere online. Besides, I'd imagine that other message boards' moderators don't want to deal with that either.
Speaking about the note of message boards, I do NOT consider BF a message board, though the comments act like one.
We're a blog that has a very active online community and a flowing path of discussion where you can respond to our blog posts AND you can also continue the discussion via your FanPosts.
3. I've seen a couple folks using the n-word with an a at the end. If you don't know what word I'm talking about, Jay-Z had a song called "N-Words in Paris" with Kanye West which was a chart-topper. The way that word was spelled is the word I'm talking about. No need for that word on this site.
In the past, I've just taken down comments and sent reminders when someone used it. But going forward, if I see it, you'll be in the penalty box for a couple days minimum first time, and an bigger boot the next. End of story.
4. Last but not least, please don't go over to Fear the Sword's GameThreads during the game, and we'd appreciate it if you don't go on their site immediately after the game if you're pissed about the game's outcome in some way or fashion. Emotions are highest at the end of the game. Keep them here. That's why we have the postgame threads.
You are welcome to go onto FtS or other SBN team sites and comment -- so long as you follow their rules and remain civil. However, you aren't welcome there if you plan on causing a ruckus. Neither we here at BF or FtS's crew want to deal with that.
(* * *)
That's all I have. Enjoy the game everyone!