Once again, I'm glad that we had our first BF Night this past Saturday at Verizon Center when the Wizards played against the Boston Celtics.
Today, I have another question for y'all. When would you like a watch party during the latter part of the season?
The only stipulations I have are these:
- The game should preferably be on the road.
- The venue MUST be in Washington, D.C. proper, near public transport.
- The game should be after 7 p.m. ET. This is because I get that people work late and have to commute. Hell, Verizon Center is often half empty at 7 p.m.
I have tabled -- though I haven't closed the door on -- the other options: second home game and a road game for these reasons:
- There are only three Saturday and Sunday home games left. The first one is on March 5 against the Pacers, but I don't know if there's enough availability for us to all sit together right now. The next is a March 19 gams is against the Knicks, and the last is a Sunday match on April 10 match against the Hornets at 1 p.m. It's not hard to get a group of five or six to go to any of these games. But we have 50 people last Saturday with BF Night tickets, and finding space for everyone is not as easy as it seems.
- If we were to do a road trip, it would have to a be a Friday or Saturday game and in a market that is not terribly far from Washington. Those teams would be the Philadelphia 76ers, New York Knicks, and Brooklyn Nets. We can eliminate the Knicks and Nets as options because the price of their tickets will be very pricy, since I will go through the teams' sales offices, NOT through StubHub or Craigslist. That leaves us the Sixers, where the Wells Fargo Arena is about a three hour drive away from Washington without traffic complications. The only game that may work for us is on Friday, February 26 when the Wizards travel up there for a game. But we'll have to arrange for transportation to go there too as a group, which adds to the price. I don't see a point of a group night unless we at least travel together over there.
Sorry for a couple long paragraphs there, but I wanted to let you know that these things are more complicated to do than at first glance.
I have a poll below with a selection of games we could have our watch party. Polling ends on Tuesday, January 26 at 12 p.m. ET. Thanks, and happy voting!