The Washington Wizards are bringing in six fresh faces for workouts on Thursday, and it could be their arguably the best crop of players they've brought in for workouts to date.
|Name||Pos.||From||Draft Express Ranking|
|Derek Cooke Jr.||F||Wyoming||N/A|
Quickly, we'll go through some things of interest with the players in this workout.
- Umair did an excellent breakdown on what Justin Anderson could bring to the Wizards. You can find that here.
- Most of the discussion on who the Wizards could draft has centered on adding guard depth or a stretch four, but clearly, adding another athletic wing is still an option, based on today's workouts. If the Warriors taught us anything this season, it's that you can never have enough athletic 6'8" players who can defend well so we're not upset about this development, despite Otto Porter's breakout in the playoffs.
- Jordan Mickey is an interesting player to bring in at this point. It would be a reach to take him 19, but he probably won't be around at 49 either. Makes you wonder if they're considering a move to get a late first, early second round pick where they could draft Mickey or someone like him to fill Kevin Seraphin's role.
- Interestingly, not a players who could fill the stretch four spot right away for the team, but Aaron White may be interesting candidate in the second round. He shot 35.6 percent from beyond the arc last season for Iowa.
- Kevon Looney said he has a workout planned with the Wizards in the coming days, according to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN Boston.