Let's get one thing straight: Otto Porter had a really solid game last night in Chicago. There wasn't much to be happy about from Tuesday's loss, but Porter's performance was encouraging. He got to the line, shot efficiently and earned some crunch time minutes. Unfortunately, the only thing we'll remember from him earning those minutes is that it led to this:
Oh, Otto. Based on NBA.com's Player Tracking, Otto stayed in the same spot for 1.3 seconds AFTER Snell passed Porter. Yikes. So what was going through his mind here? We have a few ideas:
- His controller got disconnected.
- He was actually recording a cutaway monologue for Season 4 of House of Cards. "We can't compete with the Bulls' depth. Our only option is asymmetrical. Pick off the Bulls one by one like a sniper in the woods. There will come a time to put Tony Snell in my crosshairs, but not right now. As we used to say at Georgetown, 'Never slap a man while he's chewing tobacco.'"
- He thought about that white/gold, blue/black dress again.
- Maybe it's the glasses.
- "I should do something funny to keep people from talking about our struggles right now."
- He just heard about the LeSean McCoy trade.
- He's frozen in carbonite.
- "Upon closer inspection, I am wearing loafers."
- He's late to the game, but that Let It Go song is catchy. Sometimes you just have to stop everything you're doing and appreciate it.
- Lisa needs braces.