On television, 81 regular season games will be aired on the Comcast SportsNet network, as well as four preseason games. These games include their road opener against the Chicago Bulls on October 6, and will conclude with their Baltimore exhibition against the New Orleans Pelicans on October 20. Since there are seven games played in that time frame, these are the three Wizards games that will not be on TV:
- Wednesday, October 8 at New Orleans
- Friday, October 10 at Charlotte
- Wednesday, October 15 vs. Maccabi Haifa
Of the regular season games on Comcast SportsNet, 11 regular season games will be on the CSN Plus overflow channel. Here is a list of those games:
- Tuesday, November 4 at New York
- Saturday, November 22 at Milwaukee
- Saturday, November 29 vs. New Orleans
- Tuesday, December 23 vs. Chicago
- Monday, December 29 at Houston
- Wednesday, January 7 at New York
- Saturday, January 17 at Brooklyn
- Friday, February 27 at Philadelphia
- Tuesday, March 3 at Chicago
- Saturday, March 7 at Milwaukee
- Saturday, April 4 at Memphis
On the radio, the Wizards will also now be on All News 99.1 WNEW-FM. This is after a five-year run where most games were heard on 106.7 the Fan WJFK-FM.
WNEW will also air every preseason game except for October 12 against the Detroit Pistons and October 15 against Maccabi Haifa. However, these games can be heard online through the Wizards' website and mobile app.
I find the radio announcement to be great news. Monumental Sports owns both the Wizards and Capitals, teams which have seasons that start and end at around the same time. But in the past, the Wizards were often booted from 106.7 the Fan to Federal News Radio 1500 AM when the Capitals were playing at the same time.
With this new announcement, that's definitely a win, not just for Wizards and Capitals fans, but for all sports fans in the area, so they can listen to a game on clearer radio signals when they can't be watching on a television screen, or be at the Verizon Center.