I remember finding out the Wizards had won the 2010 draft lottery at my new job at 4:30 in the morning. When the initial surge of elation faded, I became dimly aware I was jumping up and down as high as I could screaming "OH MY GOD!" over and over at the top of my lungs. Even security barreling around the corner expecting to find a murder scene and furiously chastising me couldn't wipe the idiotic grin off my face. That's a moment I suspect will only be topped by clearing the second round.
The Bullets Forever staff and all of Wizards Twitter is abuzz, encapsulating the emotions of the Wizards clinching the first playoff appearance of the John Wall era. There will be plenty of time for meditations about how the franchise has arrived at this point later. It's time to get hype.
For me, the Wizards clinching a playoff appearance was mean mugging the whole world Martell Webster-style with Immigrant Song thundering from the speakers, followed an avalanche of pump-up tracks. Then You the man played and I started thinking. You know, the Wizards don't have any Wizards-themed hype music. And there's a bit less than two weeks until the end of the season.
Spit hype, y'all, and bring it here. I'll run a post after the regular season finale at Boston, get everything collated and have a community vote.
- Feel free to post lyrics, audio files, your own beats if you know how, just don't take credit for anything that ain't yours.
- Post your hype in the comments section of the post that'll go up on April 18th. Comments lock after forty-eight hours, votes are by rec. Yes, you can change your votes and vote more than once for the elimination round.
- The top 4 vote-getters after twenty-four hours get their own post and a run-off via poll. The leading vote-getter will be referred to for the duration of the Wizards playoff run as 'The King'. Hail to the King, baby.
- "What will I win?" You will have crushed your enemies, seen them driven before you and heard the lamentation of their women. If you want more than that, I can't help you.
- Will this be absolutely terrible? PROBABLY!
- Wizards hype only, open to anyone. Let's not do NSFW stuff if possible.
Go forth, and forge your best hype. TO THE PLAYOFFS!