Before watching the highlights of John Wall's performance on Monday, consider the following:
- John Wall was playing with a heavy heart because before the game, he learned that Miyah Telemaque-Nelson, a young girl whom he had become friends with, passed away at the age of six.
- John Wall playing with heavy legs because it was second game of a back to back after playing in Boston on Sunday afternoon. Then the game went into two overtimes.
- Wall scored 26 points on 17 shots and also chipped in 7 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Wall had 14 points, 3 assists and 5 rebounds in the fourth quarter and two overtimes.
- In addition to the 17 assists that show up in the box score, Wall had three secondary assists and three assists that led to free throw attempts. That's 23 assists in total in 44 minutes of action.
Now that you know that, enjoy the highlights.
If you weren't a John Wall fan before Monday's game, you probably are now. And if you were a John Wall fan before Monday's game, you're probably going to be a John Wall fan forever now.
After the game, Miyah's mother posted video of John Wall's postgame interview on her Instagram page with the following caption:
Thank you @johnwall for loving my daughter whole heartedly and so genuinely from day one. We love and adore you and your family as much as you do to Miyah. I am forever in your depth for your love and kindness. #ForeverMiyah #love #suppprt #SheWonTheBattle