Welcome, newcomers. Every year on Festivus, we like to have an open thread to celebrate the holiday and gather everyone around to tell them all the ways they've disappointed you over the past year. Unlike most of the years that we've covered this team, there's not a lot to be upset about this season, but a tradition is a tradition, so here we go:
- The airing of grievances is a yearly tradition for basketball fans around here, but it's long been a weekly tradition for football fans. They just refer to it as "Monday morning."
- The Wizards should get rid of the stripe on their road jerseys so it looks more like their blue alternate jerseys. I find the white stripe distracting.
- The new site manager stinks. He couldn't make a good analogy if he had a hot date with a babe...I lost my train of thought.
- Otto Porter, you don't need glasses, you're just weak! You're weak! [Ed. Note: Otto Porter isn't actually weak, but we had to make that Seinfeld callback since this is the first time the Wizards have had a player consistently wear glasses since we started covering the team. Since Porter's actually made out of aluminum, he has a very high strength-to-weight ratio.
- We have no qualms with the Cavaliers, we just feel bad. They all pitched in to get Browns tickets for Kyrie Irving. He got them a piece of paper saying "I've given your gift to someone else!"