In what should not be much of a surprise to anyone, there is one Wizard -- Bradley Beal -- that will be a part of this year's Rising Stars Challenge. This year's first-round pick, Otto Porter, did not make the list of 18 rookies and sophomores that'll be grouped into teams by Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal.
Here's the full list:
ROOKIES: Victor Oladipo, Trey Burke, Michael Carter-Williams, Steven Adams, Kelly Olynyk, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mason Plumlee, Tim Hardaway Jr., Pero Antic.
SOPHOMORES: Anthony Davis, Beal, Dion Waiters, Jonas Valanciunas, Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond, Terrence Jones, Jared Sullinger.
That's right: Just two of the first 10 picks in last year's draft were named to the game. You could make a good case for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ben McLemore, but otherwise, it's hard to argue with the rookie selections.
Notable absent sophomores include Miles Plumlee, John Henson and Kendall Marshall.
- H2Owned: How John Wall and the Wizards' defense iced the Splash Brothers
- Magical Pixels, Wizards vs. Warriors: Washington wins, because why not?
- Wizards vs. Clippers preview: Can Washington do it again?
- Wizards vs. Warriors: Washington's D stifles Golden State in 88-85 win
- Wizards vs. Warriors final score: Defense steps up in improbable 88-85 win