LAS VEGAS -- Washington Wizards rookie Otto Porter is officially listed as day-to-day for the Wizards' Summer League playoff game against the Memphis Grizzlies with a "tight right hamstring," the team confirmed. A Wizards spokesman said that while he has not yet been ruled out of action, he is "probably doubtful" to play.
Porter felt pain in his hamstring early in the first quarter of the Wizards' victory against the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. He said after the game that he wants to play it safe with the injury, though he did not rule himself out for the tournament. Sam Cassell told reporters he wasn't sure what his status would be.
Porter struggled in his first two Summer League games, averaging just 6.3 points per contest while shooting 30 percent from the field.
More from Bullets Forever:
- NBA Summer League 2013: Wizards to play Grizzlies in first round of tournament
- NBA Summer League, Wizards vs. Nuggets final score: Otto Porter hurt in 97-69 victory
- NBA Summer League: Otto Porter's struggles are more expected than startling
- NBA Summer League 2013: What is Chris Singleton?
- Washington Wizards begin talks on John Wall extension, according to report