Disaster may have struck the Washington Wizards on a meaningless half-court heave at the end of the first quarter. Martell Webster came down really hard on his left foot and was writing on the ground for a few minutes afterwards. He has a left ankle sprain and is listed as doubtful to return, according to Chris Miller on CSN Washington.
The whole play happened because Eric Maynor mismanaged a final possession, allowing the Bucks a chance for a fast-break dunk. The Wizards got it back with a few seconds left and Webster raced down for a 40-foot shot. As he launched in the air, he came down directly on his left foot. He immediately crouched over and had to eventually be helped off by Eric Waters.
Webster's absence means we may see a lot more of Otto Porter and Chris Singleton tonight on the wings, even if it means Trevor Ariza will have to shift down a spot to the 2 guard. The Wizards just don't have many other bench options.
- Washington Wizards rookie Otto Porter to make his season debut against the Milwaukee Bucks
- Wizards vs. Bucks preview: Will Otto Porter finally debut?
- Wizards Wrap: Falling for Marcin Gortat, Washington's basketball Drago
- Gilbert Arenas praises John Wall and says he's "teamwiz4life" on Instagram
- How will Otto Porter's debut affect the Wizards?