"We'll see. He's getting in another workout here, we'll see how he feels. It looks like it's going to be a go, so he'll be available tonight," Wittman said when asked about Porter's status during the coach's pregame media scrum.
Wittman said he was excited to finally see the No. 3-overall pick in the 2013 draft take the floor, but warned that Porter will be on some type of minutes limit given that he's yet to play a game this season.
"You're not going to stick him out there [for extended minutes]. He hasn't played a game yet, and he's had three practices. So we've got to be smart, see how he is, how he's moving, how hes playing," Wittman said. "He's going to be winded. I don't care how much conditioning he's done, he's going to be tired, and we've got to be careful with that. That's when situations can arise of hurting yourself."
The Wizards will be without Bradley Beal, Al Harrington and Kevin Seraphin against the Bucks.
- Washington Wizards rookie Otto Porter to make his season debut against the Milwaukee Bucks
- Wizards vs. Bucks preview: Will Otto Porter finally debut?
- Wizards Wrap: Falling for Marcin Gortat, Washington's basketball Drago
- Gilbert Arenas praises John Wall and says he's "teamwiz4life" on Instagram
- How will Otto Porter's debut affect the Wizards?