Wizards nation might be breathing a sigh of relief tonight. It appears as though Bradley Beal's knee injury isn't as bad as we all feared it would be.
According to Jeff Goodman at ESPN, Beal suffered a bruised left knee in the 4th quarter of the game against Minnesota last night. Here's the tweet with the news:
Wizards Brad Beal suffered a bruised left knee, source told ESPN. Chance he may even play tonight.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 28, 2013
If you were watching last night, Beal's knee appeared to buckle after a hard screen on a play during the fourth quarter. He fell down in a heap, and he had to be helped off the floor. It was an ugly fall, and it looked scary. Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be anything more severe. Goodman, per his source, says there's a chance Beal might even play tonight.
We'll update you with more information as we get it.
UPDATE: Sounds like there's a good chance Beal plays tonight.
Bradley Beal (bruised left knee) will be a gametime decision tonight vs. Detroit #WizPistons— Washington Wizards (@WashWizards) December 28, 2013
Wittman said Beal "banged knees" last night. Injury is tender bc it's a bruise. He's still in the lineup and still on minutes restriction.— Bullets Forever (@BulletsForever) December 28, 2013
Beal will try to go tonight, Wittman says, but still a game time decision. Would still be on minutes limit if he plays. #wizards— Kyle Weidie (@Truth_About_It) December 28, 2013
- Wizards vs. Pistons preview: (Likely) Beal-less Wizards host Detroit
- Doom Pixels, Wizards vs. Timberwolves: Bradley Beal knee injury overshadows blowout loss
- Bradley Beal injury: Wizards' G did walk out of locker room without crutches
- Wizards vs. Timberwolves final score: Wizards sluggish in 120-98 loss on the road
- Wizards vs. Timberwolves: Washington gets blown out and Bradley Beal suffers leg injury