The good news: Nene will play against the Orlando Magic on Monday because the sore Achilles that caused him to miss Friday's game against the Pacers is feeling better.
The bad news: It sounds like we're not out of the woods with this injury yet. It's still bothering Nene, and he's giving typical cryptic Nene quotes about it. Via J Michael of CSN Washington:
"I don't know how good," Nene said, "but I'm going to play. I need to take care of the thing before I get tendinitis. It's not easy but I do what I can do. Get treatment, skip shootaround, watch. .. It's a sacrifice."
This is where the schedule helps the Wizards. It sounds like they're following our suggestion to ease up on Nene during practices, shootarounds and the like during a stretch where the Wizards will play just three games, all at home, in the next 13 days.
Still, this is the problem with Nene. He's great and essential when he plays, but he's also never fully healthy.
- Wizards' schedule eases up, so how should they respond?
- Wizards vs. Hawks final score: The John Wall Show continues as Washington wins, 108-101
- Wizards vs. Hawks: John Wall, Washington bounce back in 108-101 win
- Wizards vs. Hawks preview: Can Washington bounce back?
- Magical Pixels, Wizards vs. Pacers: Washington outclassed without Nene and Bradley Beal