On December 11, 2006, a guy on the Internet who went by the pseudonym of "Pradamaster" took a web log he had been hosting on Blogspot and moved it to SB Nation, where it would be known as Bullets Forever. In his first post for the site, "Pradamaster" laid out his goal for the site:
First off, this is a site for Wizards news, commentary, and critical analysis. This isn't just going to be a running blog of Gilbert Arenas' antics. I love Agent Zero as much as anyone, but too many blogs have cornered the market on his antics. While I'm sure some posts here will be devoted to this subject, it's hardly the main focus. Instead, this blog is going to be your one-stop shop for everything Wizards. Anything goes here, but most of the focus will be on the team's on-court performance
Most importantly, I really want to create a community atmosphere here. As you can see, the new setup gives you the readers plenty of places to actively participate in the community. All you need to do to create an account is to provide an e-mail address. Once that happens, you can easily comment on main posts and create diaries of your own. These features allow every topic presented here to be an ongoing discussion, and my hope is that we can together create a comfortable community for Wizards fans everywhere.
Finally, the layout is really sweet. You gotta love that logo on the top.
(Note: That last paragraph was written before sarcasm became such a powerful tool on the Internet. "Pradamaster" really did love that logo on the top.)
Hopefully, if you're reading this today, it means that "Pradamaster" was successful in executing that vision. To celebrate, here's some of our favorite posts from over the years:
- The official "I love Gilbert Arenas" open thread - Posted immediately after Gilbert Arenas daggered the Bucks back in January 2007.
- Bullets Forever (old) interviews: Dan Steinberg - TRUE STORY: Mike Prada used to intern on a show hosted by Dan Steinberg and Jamie Mottram of Mr. Irrelevant called "Blog Show" that was aired on Comcast SportsNet. Those of you who are new to internet might think that's not true, but it actually happened.
- BREAKING NEWS: Wizards sign Hayes to 5 year contract - "Pradamaster" kicks off BF's April Fool's tradition with a doozy.
- Hollinger predicts 33 wins - Mike lambasts ESPN writer John Hollinger for predicting the Wizards would only win 33 games. The Wizards went on to win 43, despite missing Gilbert Arenas for most of the season.
- Are we a darkhorse? Do we want to be? UPDATE: SURVEY SAYS "MOST LIKELY" - That brief moment when the Wizards were rumored to be exploring a trade for Kobe Bryant.
- Live Game 45 Blog: Washington Wizards vs. Utah Jazz - Back in the day, Kyle Weidie used to write live blogs for Bullets Forever every now and then until ESPN realized he was pretty good and they took him from us.
- Great season, folks - After falling in Game 6 against the Cavs in the 2008 playoffs, "Pradamaster" reflect on what the team accomplished.
- Open Thread: The draft - Wizards fans did not take drafting JaVale McGee well.
- Happy Small Sample Size Day! - After a big win in Dallas to open the season, bwoodsxyz celebrated the stats that showed the Wizards were well on their way to dominating the league in perpetuity.
- Abe Pollin reminded us that sports fandom is about more than winning - Looking back at Abe Pollin's life.
- Trying to make sense of the Gilbert Arenas/Javaris Crittenton incident - After the first rumors leaked out about the confrontation between Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton, Mike tried to sort through the madness.
- Will The Real Andray Blatche Please Stand Up? - After gutting the team's core in 2010, Andray Blatche came on to the scene and showed everyone the potential we had dreamed about for years. As you'd expect, this confused us, especially Rook who broke down the change.
- NBA Draft Lottery Open Thread: It's Our Time! - Based on the comments, something notable happened that night.
- BF Oral History Project: How the 1997 playoffs and a father-son relationship made me a fan for life - Mike reflects on his trips to the Capital Centre with his late father and how they forged his Bullets fandom.
- Andray Blatche's painful experience can teach important lessons - After one of Andray Blatche's roughest outings as a Wizard, CJ Hempfield caught up with Andray and others on the team to talk about how to move forward.
- Media day 2012: The Washington Wizards explain the world - Andrew Sharp used to write some really neat stuff for the site, like this Media Day recap, but then Grantland realized he was pretty good and they took him from us.
- Pumping the Brakes On Javale McGee's Improvement - In the midst of a blistering start to the 2012-13 season, Kevin Broom provided some good reasons why not to believe the hype. As it turned out, Broom was right about pretty much everything here.
- The Washington Wizards as Arrested Development characters - The Wizards are still the cornballer of optimism.
- Washington Wizards Defeat Portland Trailblazers, 124-109: We Held Our Own Valentine's Day Massacre - Probably the most memorable recap in site history, thanks to the hard work of Sean Fagan.
- Gilbert Arenas Tribute Day: Top Five Arenas Buzzer Beaters - As part of Bullets Forever's Gilbert Arenas Tribute Day, Jon Kelman looked back at some Gilbert's best daggers.
- Bucks Vs. Wizards: How Washington Helped Shaun Livingston - Back in the day, Michael Katz wrote some great stuff for the site, especially when it came to catching up with former players until USA Today realized he was pretty good and they took him from us. (But now he's back!)
- VIDEO: Press Row, episode 4 - Notable for Mike fighting balloons.
- The Wizards' Mount Rushmore of Sadness, Featuring The Wizznutzz - When it came time to discuss the most disappointing Wizard of all-time, the Wizznutzz couldn't pick just one.
- Bradley Beal's game-winner against the Thunder: Inside the final shot - Amin talked with the team after Bradley Beal's game winner against Oklahoma City on how the final play came together.
- Are we witnessing honest-to-goodness development from John Wall? - Jeff broke down John Wall's explosion late in the 2012-13 season to figure out what was legit and what still needed improvement.
- A thank you note to the Wizards, from Phoenix - Bullet Nation in Exile has written lots of great stuff here over the years, but I highly doubt anything will top this post.
- Why Bradley Beal might be the second star Washington needs - After an impressive rookie year, Satchel Price broke down why Bradley Beal is such a great fit for Washington moving forward.
- What if ... Gilbert Arenas never blew out his knee? - Nearly seven years later, we're still talking about Gilbert.
- Don't worry about Otto - After a sluggish Summer League debut, Umair Khan gave everyone some perspective to calm things down.