For this week's SB Nation NBA series, we asked other bloggers to think of the first word that came to mind when presented the phrase "Washington Wizards." For most teams, this word association game yields some diverse answers. For the Wizards, given their history? The answers were predictable.
Here are some of the ones that were listed.
- Bullets (six times). We get it, everyone. This team used to be called the Bullets.
- Dysfunctional: That's mean.
- FINGAGUNZ: That's funny, but also mean.
- Blatche: That's mean, and he's gone now.
- Crazy: That's a little less mean, but probably isn't very nice either.
- Hapless (twice): That's very mean.
- Rebuild: That's at least diplomatic.
- Promising: Your optimism is not welcome here.
- Hope?: Yes, including the question mark.
- Unseldian: Possibly my favorite, because you can decide if it's positive (Wes the player) or negative (Wes the GM). It's a Create-Your-Own-Adventure word association choice!
- Trash: That's mean and not funny.
- Jordan: Did the Wizards move to Chicago?
- JaVale: See Blatche.
- Future: As in "the future?" or as in "there's a chance they will be good in the future?"
- The team Prada writes about: Way too meta.
- Conflicted: There sure has been conflict.
- Buffoons: That's very mean, but also true, at least in the past.
- Frustrating: Yup.