As this is a weekend of joy and celebration for many people, I am not going to point out the Wizards lost their fifth straight game tonight and were once again on their heels from tipoff. Instead, I am going to be all about the positive pixels as there are quite a few positives for the Wizards to take away from tonight's loss:
- They don't have to face Gerald Wallace or Kris Humphries again, so it minimizes the chance a Wizards player is permanently maimed.
- The Wizards never have to play in Newark again.
- The team held Johan Petro scoreless.
- They gave local Maryland fans a treat by allowing former Terrapin Jordan Williams to have a monster game by going 7-7 from the field.
- Jan Vesely hit a jumpshot.
- Brian Cook attempted only one shot on the evening.
- Kevin Seraphin now has a Saturday in the NYC region to shop for animals to add to his exotic collection.