Ten years from now, we'll remember the Wizards' 2011-12 season for three things:
- JaVale McGee's blooper reel
- The beginning of the Nene era
- Arguably the most quotable season in NBA history.
Despite a lockout-shortened season, this year's squad really brought it with memorable sayings. Gilbert Arenas had a run in 2006-07 that will probably never be matched, but the depth on this team from top to bottom is something to truly be marveled. And since the Wizards aren't in the playoffs this season, we need to crown a champion in something, so we give you #QUOTESANITY.
Each day, we'll post two quote battles and give you 24 hours to vote it out for which one you think is the better quote. The criteria for what you determine is best is entirely up to you.
After the jump, a look back at the quotes that just missed the cut for #QUOTESANITY.
- There's definitely some guys in there saying that they're ready to fold, but the majority are willing to stand strong. -JaVale McGee to Sam Amick during the lockout
- My love is in shampooable! I mean conditional-P -JaVale McGee on Twitter
- Probably if I do that I need to do drug test." Nene on JaVale McGee running back on defense while the team still had the ball.
- "I had two assists, but they only gave me one, so I'm going to have to go to the league about it. You know, I'm not looking to score all the time. I have a high shooting percentage, but I don't shoot a lot. I like the pass the ball, but sometimes, people aren't open to get it." -JaVale McGee
- "It’s not a bad shot until you miss it. That’s how it always is. I probably do take bad shots, but in a sense, we kind of need some of those shots I take. I can always improve on it and I will." - Jordan Crawford to Michael Lee.
- "Man, I just locked up one of the best players in the league, baby! For a quarter, you know?" -Nick Young on shutting down Kevin Durant in the 4th quarter of their win over the Thunder.
- "I’m just taking it out on the league.I’m not going to sit back and pout. Nobody owes nobody nothing. It’s a business, and if they want me back, I’ll come back to the Wizards. I’m happy to be here." -Nick Young on not getting a long-term contract extension.
Cash, Cars, Women and Food Region
- "Also, I have to reveal about myself, that so far I postponed the venture with driver’s license indefinitely. I don’t even necessarily need a car now, and when I gotta go somewhere, I take a cab. In the end that is more comfortable as well, because parking in Washington is very problematic. Rather than passing driver’s license tests, now I want to devote myself to improving my basketball performances." -Jan Vesely on getting his driver's license.
Life in the Cellar Region
- "Every body need to shut up I didn’t call out my coach or team mates I said I had a bad game need it n the post instead of jump shots" - Andray Blatche on Twitter after complaining about not getting enough touches in the post the same night he gave his captain speech.
- "Everybody had a little 'Pac in 'em yesterday. Westside for y'all" -Nick Young after the Wizards played Tupac before the Wizards win over the Thunder.
- Dray is a very emotional person. He loves to hear praise. He loves to hear, ‘You did a good job. I appreciate what you did.’ The negativity is the stuff that he holds inside of him." - Angela Blatche (Andray's mother) on how booing crowds affect Andray's play.
- "He's been here for two days not knowing what the hell we're doing. So I told him, 'Don't learn anything by Sunday." - Randy Wittman on Cartier Martin who scored 20 points in second game back with the Wizards.
- "It was a surprise when I got traded. So when you come from being on a team trying to win a championship to be on a team that barely wins road games and barely can win at home, as well . . . it was difficult. It was almost like you wanted the season to be over." -Rashard Lewis on getting dealt to Washington.
- "It got to the point now when I came to sub in, the boos are coming. They won't even give me a chance. So I don't know, I'm going to continue to try to work. Hopefully, something will happen for me. I don't know." -Andray Blatche on getting booed.