- Unlike those of us blessed with television remotes that have working 'Channel' buttons, John Wall was forced to suffer through Bucks-Wizards in its entirety last night. At least Wall got to celebrate a bit later on when his Wildcats won the national title in convincing fashion.
- Wall was also rooting for John Calipari, who suddenly started getting positive press once it became obvious Kentucky was the heavy favorite to win it all (funny how that works). Perhaps Wall is also hoping Coach Cal will return to the NBA now that he's got a (soon to be vacated?) championship trophy...
- Oh, and my god, I've never seen a player dominate a game so thoroughly while scoring a single field goal (!!!). I've come to a conclusion - Anthony Davis is pretty good.
- SB Nation DC's Michael Katz chronicles Drew Gooden's big plans had his Jayhawks won the national title. Sorry, Ms. Gooden. [SB Nation]
- On to the Wizards. Sigh. Recaps from last night's loss to the Bucks. [ Us (recap, quotes) | SB Nation DC | Washington Post | CSN Washington highlights | Washington Times | Washington Examiner | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (gamer, blog) | Brew Hoop | Bucksketball | Behind the Buck Pass | Popcorn Machine | Hoopdata box score]
- For Chris Singleton, there are only two ways to spend $10,000: on the lottery, or making it rain. [Washington Post, D.C. Sports Bog]
- As Carla Peay notes, the Wizards "literally are limping to the finish line."
- Ted Leonsis felt the need to address Mike's April Fool's Day post. Spoiler: It was a joke. [Ted's Take]
Sarah Kogod wasn't surprised by Ted's reaction. [D.C. Sports Bog]