|2011/12 NBA Regular Season|
|March 3, 2012|
|Monta Ellis||PG|| John Wall |
|Dominic McGuire||SG||Jordan Crawford|
|Dorrel Wright||SF||Chris Singleton|
|David Lee||PF||Trevor Booker|
|Ekpe Udoh||C||JaVale McGee|
PREGAME READING: Meet the Warriors | Golden State of Mind
More to come, but a couple injury updates:
- Nick Young will warm up and give it a go, but will come in off the bench if he plays, Randy Wittman plays.
- Stephen Curry is not starting again with chronic ankle injuries, which means that we'll get to see the return of Dominic McGuire. All hail Taser! Curry has missed the last five games, so this is not a huge surprise, but it's a nice break for a Wizards team that probably would have had issues guarding him. Also, Ekpe Udoh is the Warriors' starter for the foreseeable future, Mark Jackson said before the game.
- Ronny Turiaf is expected to rejoin the team today in D.C., where he'll see a doctor and get cleared to practice and eventually return from his hand injury, Wittman said.
- I asked Wittman what the two veterans, Roger Mason and Maurice Evans, provide that maybe are difficult to spot right away. "They know positioning. They know concepts. They've been in the league a long time. They're very rarely out of place defensively. Just little things that don't show up. That's what you're trying to do with the young guys, try to teach them the nuances of the concepts."
- Wittman also said that Jordan Crawford has improved his shot selection and has a much better understanding of when he has it going and when he doesn't and needs to create for others.