- The above video is from CSN Washington and seems to indicate the Wizards will be busy with their approximately $12 million or so in cap space this summer.
- Ted Leonsis writes that the Wizards "haven't altered their rebuilding plan in the least," which contradicts my snap take on the deal. Perhaps I have a different idea of what the rebuilding plan really is, but if this is followed up with an active summer of free agency moves as Grunfeld indicates, how is it not changing plans? (Not that I'm necessarily complaining, mind you, since I've always advocated a hybrid plan of team-building).
- Grunfeld, meanwhile, talked about the idea of "cost certainty" in Michael Lee's story today, which makes it seem like he preferred paying Nene four years/$52 million than gambling on whatever McGee's price would be. [Washington Post]
- Nick and JaVale say goodbye.
- Report from Denver, where there were "murmurs" about Nene's lack of mental toughness and George Karl wishes he could "take a walk" to process the trade. [Denver Post]
- Those coming down in favor of the move: [Mike Wise | Tom Ziller | Kurt Helin | Adrian Wojnarowski/Chris Mannix | DC Pro Sports Report | WUSA9]
- Those coming down against it. [Wiz of Awes | Royce Young | John Hollinger]
- Those kind of in the middle. [Matt Moore | Zach Lowe | Kelly Dwyer | Sekou Smith | Truth About It]
- Wizards players react. [Wizards Insider]
- Why this should just be move one. [CSN Washington]
- What will this move mean for Kevin Seraphin, who seems to be improving? [Truth About It]
- From the Nuggets' point of view, where most seem to be in favor after sitting and thinking about it. [Denver Stiffs | Roundball Mining Company | Nugg Love]
- From the Clippers' point of view, where most people see this as something for nothing. [Clips Nation | True Hoop]
- Clippers GM Neil Olshey uses advanced metrics to say Young shoots well from the corners and is a "top 10" isolation defender. Per MySynergySports.com, Young's actually 15th, but that's on only 35 plays. Olshey's not wrong, per se, but basketball isn't like baseball. You can't as easily isolate a player's good qualities from his bad ones. [ESPN LA]
- I did a Q&A with Denver Stiffs about the deal. Here's their Q&A with us.
- Rob Mahoney on McGee getting a new start in Denver. [Bleacher Report]
- You probably saw this, but if not, the Nuggets supposedly had "buyers remorse" about Nene's contract, whatever that means. [SB Nation D.C.]
- Breaking down what the Wizards really got with Nene. [CSN Washington]
- My overall deadline grades for SB Nation. I gave the Wizards a "medium" and said the Nuggets were losers.
- An amusing "Ode to JaVale and Nick." [Alone In The Green Room]
- And a whole eulogy too. [NBC Washington]
Links: Wizards-Nuggets Trade Analysis From Across The Web
By Mike Prada