|2011/12 NBA Regular Season|
|January 8, 2012|
| Luke Ridnour ||PG|| |
| Wayne Ellington || Nick Young |
| ||SF||Chris Singleton |
| Kevin Love ||PF|| |
| Darko Milicic ||C|| |
- Jan Vesely probably will end up playing today after all. "We're going to give him some time tonight. it's a good opportunity, because they really play one big guy [at center] and some 4s at other times. so i think we'll try to get him some time." He said it's taken this long because of a lack of practice time and because Chris Singleton and Trevor Booker has played well.
- Derrick Williams will not start tonight. Instead, Wes Johnson will move to small forward and Wayne Ellington will start at shooting guard.
- Flip, comparing Minnesota to the Wizards: "They've been rebuilding for five years. We've been rebuilding for a year with John [Wall]. So they're farther along."
- Got a bit of a late surprise: Chris Singleton will start as Rashard Lewis is out with a "sore right knee." Weird thing was, Saunders was talking about helping Lewis get his game going in the pregame.
- On Ricky Rubio: both Saunders and Rubio himself dodged the question of what it would have been like if he got drafted by the Wizards. Flip said that, "if it would’ve been Rubio, John Wall might not have been here," while Rubio said he's looking forward, not backwards.
- Rubio on stopping Wall: "He loves to run, and he loves to play the open court. We will try to stop his layups, penetrations and his hard attacking to the rim. We will try to stop that. He's improving a lot with his jump shot, so we'll make him get off that."
Sunday, Jan 8, 2012, 1:00 PM EST