|2011/12 NBA Regular Season|
|January 10, 2012|
| Jose Calderon ||PG|| |
| DeMar DeRozan ||SG|| Nick Young |
| ||SF|| Chris Singleton |
| Amir Johnson ||PF|| Trevor Booker |
| Andrea Bargnani ||C|| |
- I was talking to Raptors players for a potential SBNation.com story, so I missed all this, but apparently Andray Blatche has a shoulder injury and won't start. Trevor Booker will get the nod instead. But Blatche's actual playing status was a bit up in the air. He originally told Craig Stouffer of the Washington Examiner that he wasn't going to play, then shot around and told Truth About It's Adam McGinnis that he'd try coming off the bench. Officially, he's a game-time decision. So ... yeah. Start up those conspiracy theories.
- Chris Singleton will start, but Rashard Lewis is active.
- Here's Raptors head coach Dwayne Casey on the Wizards (emphasis mine): "I know you look at that number, 0-8, but they're an NBA team. They're paid on the 1st and 15th, and anybody can beat anybody in this league. Flip's a great coach and he's done a great job over the years. They'll figure it out. They have a lot of talent. We have to prepare like we're desperate. We have no right to overlook anybody or consider anybody desperate other than ourselves." I immediately thought of what netw3rk just tweeted.
- I asked DeMar DeRozan about his battle with fellow USC guard Nick Young. "It should be fun. We'll probably talk about it after the game, though. We don't really talk about it before the game."
- SB Nation D.C.'s Michael Katz, meanwhile, asked DeRozan about the fact that there are 30-cent tickets available for the game on Stubhub. DeRozan gave a much better quote about that.
Second-half thread will go up at halftime. As a reminder: no asking for or posting links to illegal streams. Thanks.
Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012, 7:00 PM EST