|2011/12 NBA Regular Season|
|December 26, 2011|
| ||PG|| |
| ||SG|| |
| ||SF|| |
| ||PF|| |
| Johan Petro ||C|| |
|PREGAME READING: Meet the Nets | Nets Daily | SBN NY | Full Nets-Wiz Coverage|
Couple pregame notes:
- It sounds like Jordan Crawford will get the start tonight over Nick Young, but the way Flip Saunders described it, it's not going to be a permanent thing. "He's going through what the other guys went through six days ago, training-camp wise. He was a little bit tired last night, so we're going to bring him along."
- The Nets will start Johan Petro at center over newcomer Mehmet Okur, but they will start Kris Humphries even though he came into camp last week. Avery Johnson said multiple times that he was in good shape.
- Avery also revealed part of the Nets' game-plan with John Wall. "Hopefully, we can make him play a little bit of defense, because when he rests on defense and just plays offense, boy he's really tough."
- The Wizards have a board in their locker room that keeps track of all the charges the players take in practices and games. So far, there are 22 charges taken in practice and one in a game. Six of those 22 are by John Wall. Four are by Hamady Ndiaye. Three, including the one in the game, are by Andray Blatche. Players with zero charges: Jordan Crawford, Jan Vesely, JaVale McGee, Kevin Seraphin, Nick Young and Mo Evans. The latter two came to camp late, for what it's worth.
- A heads-up to all: Nick Young's fro is no more. He cut his hair.
Monday, Dec 26, 2011, 7:00 PM EST