LET'S GET THAT ROAD WIN ALREADY SHEESH.
To get you prepared for what I worry will be an Earl Boykins domination, here are some links:
- I was steamed enough to write more about Flip Saunders' quote for SB Nation D.C. To elaborate: what gets me about the line is that it seems a bit unnecessary. Was Flip answering a question? Of course, and he probably was answering one about struggling on the road. But there's a way to answer the question without providing a fact like that. It doesn't really inspire much confidence in your team, and it's not like you need to sell most people on the idea that your team is young. "We're a young team, and young teams often have to go through growing pains on the road, but we're making strides," is sufficient.
- Nick Young is happy that Caron Butler is no longer hogging all the tickets the team gives away to family members on road trips.
- Zach Lowe of SI talks about the Wizards' road woes and becomes possibly the only person I know who is looking forward to the February 13 game in Cleveland. This Bud's for you, Zach.
- A guest post on Truth About It about Hamady Ndiaye's progress in the D-League.
- Steinberg is all up in arms that wizards.com doesn't actually direct to the Washington Wizards' web site. Slow day, huh?
he Bucks are struggling this year, in large part because Andrew Bogut is still playing like he's hurt, Brandon Jennings is injured and John Salmons is doing his typical John Salmons thing (play well, get job security, then fall off a cliff the next year). They are still an excellent defensive team, but they are among the worst offensive clubs I've seen in a while. Technically, they are ahead of Cleveland in offensive efficiency (97.5 points/100 possessions to 97.4), but it just looks ugly. In other words, prepare for some bad basketball.