As you would probably expect, most of last night's game coverage centered on Gilbert Arenas' return to court, John Wall's development. For the first time last night, those two storylines, which have dominated the season to this point, finally shared the spotlight in Madison Square Garden.
- Michael Lee took an interesting angle on his recap for Wizards Insider, comparing John Wall with a young Gilbert Arenas. In his game story for the Post, he focuses more on Arenas' first game back since gun-gate.
- Anyone who still has doubts about how well John Wall and Gilbert Arenas can work together should check out Craig Stouffer's recap for Pick & Roll. People can try to make this into battle of egos as much as they want, but the evidence just isn't there at this point.
- Dave Johnson pointed out in his recap for CSN Washington that Arenas was the only Wizard to hit a three pointer last night. Don't be shocked if this isn't the last time we hear of this happening this year.
- Rashad Mobley noted how the strengths and weaknesses of some previous versions of the Wizards were still at work in the game on Truth About It.
- If you get a chance, check out last night's game flow. The two runs the Wizards gave up in the closing minutes of each half were absolutely crippling last night.