Notable Pistons numbers last season
28th in expected winning percentage (.323)
29th in pace factor (88.5 possessions per game
21st in offensive efficiency (105.6 points/100 possessions)
26th in defensive efficiency (111.4 points/100 possessions
|John Wall (!!!)||PG||Rodney Stuckey|
|Kirk Hinrich||SG||Ben Gordon|
|Al Thornton||SF||Tayshaun Prince|
|Andray Blatche||PF||Charlie Villanueva|
Quick things I'm thinking:
- Thank god the preseason is over after this game.
- Al Thornton will get his chance to start tonight, per Michael Lee. Also, per Michael Lee, Flip Saunders says he's giving John Wall and Kirk Hinrich a lot of minutes because they need to get used to playing with each other, since they'll be sharing the floor "a lot" this year. My eyebrows shot up for a second, because this means one of two things. Either Gilbert Arenas is getting freezed out a bit, or Saunders is serious about that three-guard lineup. (Or, it means nothing, for those of you who don't like reading into quotes).
- Sean Marks will also play tonight. I hope it's the last time I see him in a Wizards uniform.
- This was a pretty good post showing just how Wall creates so much havoc.
- So Kelly Dwyer wants to let us know that Josh Howard is not a "respected leader," contrary to what Ted Leonsis blogged the other day. Dwyer's right, sure. But what's Ted going to do? Is he really going to say "check out the web site of Josh Howard, the guy we signed to a one-year contract when nobody else wanted him because of his injury and his past?"
- Trevor Booker: "When I'm on the court and my opponent tries to come at me, I'm going to try to take their head off." I love this guy.
- John Wall prefers playoffs over Rookie of the Year. I'd hope so, and I expect nothing less.
- Speaking of Wall, these new special edition shoes look awful. (Via Dime Magazine).
- Arenas won't play again tonight with the groin injury. I'm honestly weary of discussing him at this point.
- Detroit is such a mess. I feel bad for loyal Pistons fans. For more on the Pistons, check out Detroit Bad Boys, one of the all-time great team blogs out there, and my recap of the NBA Blog Previews for SBNation.com.
- Speaking of that, I'll be unveiling the second edition of the NBA Watchability Scale on SBNation.com on Thursday. Here's the first edition, from last December.
- Sorry, one more self-promotion thing: I participated in a new project with Matt Moore of Hardwood Paroxysm last night, talking something Wizards-related. I'll fill in more details when the thing hits the (virtual) newsstands tomorrow.
- Enough self-promotion - I feel sick. GO WIZARDS!