Improvement never comes easy. The Wizards took more gradual steps tonight. Namely:
- Gilbert Arenas was able to take over a small portion of the game.
- Caron Butler blended in in the fourth quarter
- Dominic McGuire played and played some nice ball
- Antawn Jamison was his usual solid self
- Brendan Haywood owned the glass
- The Wizards ran Toronto off the three-point line when it mattered most
This wasn't a perfect win, but it was a necessary one. You have to win ugly on the road sometimes, even against a team like Toronto. Credit the Wizards for hanging in there.