Why would either team make this trade?
- Kirk Hinrich (4 years, $37.5 million left)
- Andres Nocioni (5 years, $36.5 million left)
- Thabo Sefolosha (3 years, $8.5 million - rookie contract)
- 9th Pick in 2nd Round (39th Overall) -- Knicks do not own a 2nd rounder this year
- Stephon Marbury (1 year, $20.8 million) -- Bulls would cut Marbury and would be out from under the contracts of Hinrich and Nocioni
- 6th Overall Pick
The Bulls draft Rose with #1 and let's say.....O.J. Mayo who is currently going 6th on Draft Express.
Your Bulls (plus cap room):
- Luol Deng
- Derrick Rose
- Tyrus Thomas
- Drew Gooden
- Larry Hughes
- Joakim Noah
- OJ Mayo
- Ben Gordon
The Knicks would still need to make many other moves, but they get three hard-nosed players in return. Not sure if Hinrich can make it in New York, but perhaps D'Antoni can revive his career.