Here's some stuff to read up on while you try and figure out if anything can top this "There Can Only Be One" parody.
- Let's kick things off with a little Top Ten list action. The Wizards' website broke in down into moments 10-6 and the top 5, with the retirement of Earl Monroe's jersey number taking the top spot. To be honest, the choice surprised me, but I can understand where some would see that as the top moment, since number retiring doesn't happen all too often in D.C.
- For another perspective, here are Ivan's top ten moments from the season:
Butler's dunk on Kevin Martin was No. 1. Nick Young's dunk on LeBron was No. 2. Caron's game-winner in the playoffs is 3 following by Stevenson's game winner in New Orleans. At five, give me the win at Boston. At six, I'll take Haywood's classic response to LeBron James being a crybaby. At 7, I'll take the dunk Andres Nocioni threw down over Oleksiy Pecherov. When Chicago's game operations folks put a picture of Stewey from Family Guy over Pecherov's face on the replay, I lost it.
At 8, I'll go with the game itself and Butler's 40-point performace in Milwaukee on Jan. 27 (just an incredible game to see live). At 9, I'll go with two games in Miami when I got to watch the Heat dancers perform from only a few feet away. (The Miami Heat dancers: where amazing happens). And at 10, give me the Nov. 2 game in Boston when Kevin Garnett and the new-look Celtics made their first regular season appearance. Just a great atmosphere.
- Vanilla Gorilla turned up this in-depth scouting report on the Wizards from Draft Express. Like he mentions, it's a little over the top on Mason, but other than that it's a solid breakdown of the roster.
- In the last week, two new sites have been added to the SB Nation fold. Make sure you check out At The Hive (focusing on the Hornets) and Ridiculous Upside (focusing on the draft, D-League, prospects, etc.).
- The best part of the off-season is that it's so open-ended that all sorts of different ideas. Truth About It looked into whether or not Elton Brand would be a feasible option in the district, and KDP proposes a trade with the Sonics.
- As always, Kevin Broom delivers spectacular analysis as he looks into the Wizards "improvement" on defense this season.
- Wizards uncovered this video from back in '02 of Roger Mason from back when he was at UVA, going up against the Terrapins. Most of Roger's damage was done before the video starts (the video focuses on the Terps' late-game comeback), but the high praise from the announcers gives you a feel for how well he played that night.
- Hey, what happened to all the players that got drafted ahead of Gilbert Arenas?