Heading out the door, so this will be brief. I apologize.
The line is Wizards by 8, and the over/under for Butler/Jamison is 42.9 points.
While you're waiting, some reading material:
- These have both been mentioned already, but they deserve another link, as they are two great rebuttals to the "Wizards are better without Gilbert Arenas" myth. Kevin Broom makes the statistical case, while DC Pro Sports Report makes a more anecdotal one, but both are must-reads.
- Wages of Wins author David Berri makes the case that Caron Butler is better than Carmelo Anthony. Of course, he also drops in the hardly surprising note that the Wizards should let Arenas walk if he asks for max money. I'm glad Berri isn't running my team.
- Once again, here's Dave Zirin's interview with Etan Thomas. He's also not a fan of Ivan Carter and levies pretty ridiculous accusations against him.
- Speaking of Ivan, he sez AD was at shootaround, so he thinks he'll play, even if he's officially listed as a GTD.
- The New York Post is saying Stephon Marbury is going to have ankle surgery and will miss the rest of the year. Looks like Nate Robinson will have a chance to shine.
This is an open game thread, so mock Jared Jeffries here. We really have no excuses for not winning here.