Some links to enjoy after you're done shoveling out from this 3 inch blizzard, or walking around in shorts.
- Michael Wilbon takes a look at how the Wizards are adjusting without Gilbert in the lineup and how he will have to adjust when he returns.
- Kevin Broom (a.k.a. The Secret Weapon) debunks the myths behind why the Wizards have survived without Gilbert Arenas. If there's one link out of all of these that you should read, it's this one.
- One thing Kevin doesn't bring up in his analysis is how Gilbert helps teenagers get jobs.
- The latest edition of the Blogger MVP/ROY Rankings are out, at least somebody got the rankings right this time.
- Antawn Jamison talked to InsideHoops after the Knicks game and had some quotes about the team and how they've performed as of late. For some reason this quote really bothered me:
"When Gilbert, Caron and myself [are on the floor], we try to rely on our offense, and not our defense, to win games. We'll come down the court, and take some quick shots. Play an up-tempo style of basketball. Without Gilbert, we can't do that.
- So, who thinks DC Optimist was excited about the wins over the Celtics?
- If you've ever wondered "What would Wolf Blitzer and Eddie Jordan talk about if they ran into each other?" Check this out.
- Congrats to DeShawn Stevenson on the big 5-0.
- Antawn Jamison was named to the 1st team of All-ACC players selected by NBA.com.
- Does anyone want to take a guess at what Darius Songaila's dental situation was? My guess is that he was trying to gnaw on the drywall again.
- Try and guess which former Wizard has an album coming out this year (besides Tyrone Nesby, who already has one).
- Features abound! There's articles on DeShawn Stevenson, Oleksiy Pecherov, Roger Mason, Dave Hopla, and Darvin Ham.